Dennis Smith has spoken out about the allegations that he took money from Adidas, via former assistant Orlando Early.
Smith denies it completely but does admit to reselling Adidas equipment.
This comes at pretty much the same time Kansas starts to face the NCAA music.
Kansas is promising massive resistance but a lot of people think that Bill Self’s program is going down.
The hometown paper, as you’ll see in some links below, has a very different take.
- Opinion: NCAA’s message to Bill Self: You’re a cheater and we want you out of college basketball
- Analysis: Understanding what matters and what doesn’t in the NCAA’s case against KU
- Postseason bans, lack of institutional control not necessarily a death sentence for blue blood programs
- Could KU’s infractions case wind up in federal court? ESPN’s Bilas offers opinion
- Mellinger Minutes: NCAA eyes KU, Mahomes doesn’t make sense and is the Chiefs’ D good?
- NCAA alleges major violations against KU basketball. Self, school to fight charges
- The NCAA allegations against Kansas Jayhawks have potentially seismic ramifications