In NBA Draft news, looks like the Hawks will have to work harder if they want to acquire New York’s #3 pick: the Knicks didn’t like the proposed deal.
Most people (though not all) still think that that New York will take Duke’s RJ Barrett but there are some big variables still left. New Orleans is still angling to get Barrett, for one, and if Memphis keeps the pick there are rumblings that the Grizzlies may not take Ja Morant as expected. Some folks think Darius Garland has really moved up and if Memphis takes Garland, then the Knicks have to choose between Ja Morant and Barrett.
That’s a nice problem to have and presumably the Pelicans would be happy with either player. Lagniappe is always a good thing and especially so in a sports draft. Luck never hurts.
- 12 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About RJ Barrett
- ESPN draft analyst: RJ Barrett built for New York spotlight
- NBA Draft 2019 rumors: Pelicans discussing trading up to No. 2 to pair Zion Williamson, RJ Barrett
- NBA Draft rumors: Knicks seriously considering taking Darius Garland
- After floating possibility of Knicks trading down, Coach K says RJ Barrett could be a double-double star in New York
- Nuggets’ Jamal Murray: RJ Barrett ‘More Complete’ Player Than Zion Williamson