In Tuesday’s ACC action, UNC beat Boston College 79-66 and Virginia Tech fell to Florida State 73-64.
Virginia Tech had a 14 point halftime lead but are still without point guard Justin Robinson a foot injury) and Kerry Blackshear for part of the game as he fouled out with 2:46 left in regulation. Given Florida State’s size and Virginia Tech’s lack of size and depth, that’s asking a lot.
Virginia Tech hung on for a while in overtime but FSU began to pull away and with no size to counter the bigger ‘Noles, the Hokies couldn’t stop them inside.
Still, Buzz Williams has remade this team without its point guard and minimal depth. It’s an impressive coaching job.
In Beantown, UNC had little trouble with Boston College, winning by 13 but it was 48-25 at the half.
The Eagles were never really in it.
Luke Maye had a career high 20 rebounds and UNC got 60 boards to BC’s 35. Boston College missed 46 shots and only had seven offensive rebounds. That’s a lot to overcome and BC couldn’t.
We’re at the very end now.
On Wednesday, NC State hosts Georgia Tech and Georgia Tech visits Notre Dame. State should certainly win and we think Clemson should too.
- Duke survives Wake’s upset bid in thriller at Cameron
- Coach K: Zion likely to be back for ACC tourney
- Duke men’s basketball escapes against Wake Forest on Senior Night
- When does a win feel like a loss? Duke has an idea.
- Behind Barrett’s 28 points, No. 4 Duke barely survives Wake Forest
- No. 4 Duke Holds on for 71-70 Victory Over Wake Forest
- College Basketball: Duke holds off Wake Forest
- Zion Williamson unlikely to play in Duke finale vs. North Carolina,
- Wake Forest fell short at Duke. Though it came away with much more than a close loss.
- Despite injuries and a few struggles, this year’s Duke team can still leave its mark on basketball history
- Ed Hardin: Duke struggles to beat Wake with its simplified one-man offense
|WEDNESDAY'S ACC ACTION|
|Clemson @ Notre Dame||9:00||ESPNU|
|Georgia Tech @ NC State||9:00||ACCNE|
DBR Auctions|Blue Healer Auctions| Drop us a line