Only one ACC game Monday night as Louisville knocked off Virginia Tech in Blacksburg 72-64.
The Hokies were without Justin Robinson again and only got 13 minutes and five points from the bench. PJ Horne is also out and of course Chris Clarke is suspended for the year.
There’s not much you can say. It’s just a tough situation.
No word on when Robinson might be back but probably not in time for Saturday’s trip to Clemson.
On Tuesday, Pitt gives Danny Manning a chance to win a game but Jeff Capel is unhappy with ACC officiating. Florida State travels to snowy Syracuse and UNC hosts NC State after Saturday’s total fiasco against Virginia Tech.
That one could be really interesting. We expect to see a determined and angry State. Taunts will rain down to be sure but Saturday, in the long run, is likely to simply be an aberration.
UNC will be favored but in his time at State and UNC-W, Keatts has coached teams that are mentally tough and ferocious. That should return Tuesday night.
- The importance of Markell Johnson to NC State’s season is clear as UNC awaits
- Why UNC’s Roy Williams is not looking at the film from NC State’s 47-24 loss to Va. Tech
- Ugly loss to Virginia Tech leaves NC State at a crossroads
- Injured UNC sophomore forward Sterling Manley progressing but has not practiced
- Ty Jerome and Justin Robinson make Cousy top 10, then Robinson taken off list
- Does Jeff Capel have a point about inconsistent foul calls for Pitt? Yes and no
- Radio recap: Tony Bennett impressed with Patriots’ dynasty
- Mamadi Diakite taking off as shot blocker for Cavaliers
- Louisville bounces back with road upset of Virginia Tech
|TUESDAY'S ACC ACTION|
|Boston College @ Duke||7:00||ESPN|
|Pitt @ Wake Forest||7:00||ESPNU|
|NC State @ UNC||8:00||ACCNE|
|Florida State @ Syracuse||8:00||ACCNE|