After Weak Forest’s latest humiliation, our SBN colleague Riley Johnson was the first to call for Danny Manning to be fired immediately.
Then ACCSports.com raised the stakes a bit (subscription required), asking if he would last the week.
We’ll know soon enough but his position, tenuous already, is crumbling fast.
On the bright side Wake fans there’s this: the Demon Deacons scored 50% more points than State did against Louisville Saturday.
Seriously, State’s performance was an aberration. Wake’s has become sadly predictable.
The Deacs did upset State and gave BC a four point game. Otherwise, it hasn’t been close with any other ACC team.
In the last four games, Wake has only averaged 49.5 points. Leading scorer Brandon Childress was 0-11. Sharone Wright Jr. was 0-8. Only Chaundee Brown hit double figures with 12.
Clemson held Wake to 23.7% for the game.
Elijah Thomas had a dominant afternoon for the Tigers, hitting 10-11 from the field, grabbing 10 rebounds and seven blocks.
You have to feel a bit for Wake. As Manning said afterwards, “[t]his is what our league is. Nobody in our league feels sorry for you.”
A long season of losing is hard and is a different kind of education for a team of young guys. It’s not as fun but there are a lot of life lessons. If Manning is fired and they have to finish with someone else, well, they’ll have to look harder for rewarding experiences but they can find them. Character is being formed under difficult circumstances.
Only one game Monday night as Louisville, after getting smoked by UNC, visits Virginia Tech.
It’s not like the Hokies held State to 24 points. They certainly played a hand in it but neither team played well. Will the Hokies have Justin Robinson back?
The loser falls to third so there’s more than usual at stake.
- Wake Forest’s shooting struggles continue in loss to Clemson
- Clemson pounds Wake Forest for second consecutive ACC win
- Clemson men’s basketball dismantles Wake Forest
- CLEMSON BASKETBALL: Thomas leads Clemson past Wake Forest
- CLEMSON BASKETBALL: Tigers not focused on making tourney
- Clemson Basketball: What will it take to make the NCAA Tournament?
- 3 keys for Louisville to bounce back with a win at Virginia Tech
- Wake Forest should part ways with Danny Manning immediately
- ESPN’s Jay Bilas still high on depleted Virginia Tech
- Short-handed Hokies look to knock off Cardinals in ACCclash
- Former Clemson standout Sharone Wright says he’ll root for son, ‘but Tigers come first’
- Elijah Thomas breathes easy as Tigers win
|MONDAY'S ACC ACTION|
|Louisville @ Virginia Tech||7:00||ESPN|
|Sunday's Result Clemson|
|Clemson 64 Wake Forest 37|
DBR Auctions|Blue Healer Auctions| Drop us a line