It’s another busy Saturday as ACC play approaches the end of February.
Louisville gets a tough draw with Virginia, Boston College goes down to Tiger Town, Georgia Tech and Miami tangle in what could be a surprisingly good game, Florida State visits Chapel Hill, Virginia Tech tangles with Notre Dame and of course Duke and Syracuse fight it out in the Dome.
There are some really intriguing matchups here.
Virginia dominated Rick Pitino’s Louisville teams but Chris Mack is in charge now and also runs his fork of the Pack Line. However no one runs it better than Virginia and Louisville has had some confidence issues of late. They have certainly shown some great flashes though but we’ll go with Virginia here although it may be much tighter than most would expect.
BC and Clemson are both gutty, tough-minded teams. That game could be incredibly intense, not least of all because the Tigers really need a win.
Georgia Tech and Miami will probably be dull offensively but the guard play should be fun.
The best game may be Florida State at UNC.
FSU has really picked things up since earlier this season and they match up with UNC well. The ‘Noles have lots of lean, long athletes to send after UNC’s primary scorers Coby White, Cam Johnson and Luke Maye.
It’s worth mentioning that in his last two games against FSU, Luke Maye had 14 and two points.
Last year Cam Johnson had seven points against Florida State and in his last two games at Pitt, he had 10 and three points.
Florida State has a significant advantage in depth and with 7-4 Christ Koumadje and, increasingly, Mfiondu Kabengele inside, the Tar Heels won’t get many easy points there.
It’s a really fascinating matchup in a lot of ways. UNC is traditionally a smart team and certainly at home they’ll be favored. But we don't think it’s going to be a sure thing. The winner here is going to have to earn this one.
- FSU Men Put Streak On Line At UNC
- Noie: Tough ACC hoops task awaits struggling Notre Dame
- Louisville Basketball: Biggest keys to upsetting Virginia in ACCbattle
- Here’s what you need to know about the UM men’s basketballgame vs Georgia Tech
- Starting with one: Clemson looking to break losing streak
- All 9 Virginia vs. Louisville games, RANKED!
- Chris Graham, Jerry Carter talk Zion Williamson, ACChoops: Podcast
- Miami basketballhosts Georgia Tech hoping to move up in ACC
- ‘Angry’ Devon Daniels starting to find his role for NC State
- UNC Basketball: Keys for Tar Heels in ACCbattle against Florida State
- U.Va., Hokies hunting landmark ACCroad victories Saturday
- 3 keys for Louisville basketballto get a long-awaited Virginia win
- Georgia Tech Basketball: Miami Preview
|SATURDAY'S ACC ACTION|
|Virginia @ Lousiville||12:00||ACCNE|
|Boston College @ Clemson||12:00||ACCNE|
|Georgia Tech @ Miami||2:00||ACCNE|
|Florida State @ UNC||3:45||CBS|
|Virginia Tech @ Notre Dame||4:00||ESPN|
|No Friday Results|