In Friday’s ACC action, Wake Forest had a fairly impressive win over Davidson, 82-70, and Florida hammered Miami 78-58.
Wake’s game was sort of unusual by recent standards. The Deacs were down three at the half but up by as much as 24 in the second half.
That’s unusual because it’s been a while since Wake’s had a game like that and also because Davidson is a tough nut to crack.
Wake hit 11 of its first 12 shots to start the second half and got a really good game from big man Olivier Sarr, who had 15 points and 12 rebounds off the bench.
Isaiah Mucius had 11 points and 10 boards and Brandon Childress kicked in 18 points and seven assists.
Wake has struggled plenty in the Manning era and it’s nice to see them get an easy win.
Even more impressively, they did it without Chaundee Brown (injury) and Sharone Wright Jr. (illness).
Certainly wasn’t the case for Miami as the ‘Canes took a thrashing in the Charleston Classic. The ‘Canes couldn't stop Virginia Tech transfer Kerry Blackshear, who finished with 20 points, 11 rebounds and five assists.
Miami also couldn’t stop the three point shot as Florida hit 10-19. Miami lost the boards, 34-25 and Miami also had a 20-2 run.
Any way you look at it it was a bad outing for the ‘Canes.
On Saturday, Virginia plays UMass in the Air Force Reserve Basketball Hall of Fame Tipoff, BC hosts an undefeated DePaul, Bucknell challenges Syracuse, NC State hosts Little Rock, and St. Francis of PA visits Florida State.
- Duke 81 Georgetown 73
- Wake Forest 82 Davidson 70
- Florida 78 Miami 58
Saturday’s ACC Action
- Virginia @ UMASS || 12:00 || ESPNN
- DePaul @ Boston College || 12:00 || ACCNX
- Bucknell @ Syracuse || 12:00 || ACCN
- Little Rock @ NC State || 1:00 || ACCNX
- St. Francis (PA) @ Florida State || 2:00 || ACCN
- Wake Forest’s men’s basketball team heats up in second half, throttles Davidson
- Demon Deacons drill Davidson without Brown
- Basketball Plays Host To Saint Francis Saturday at 2:00 PM
- 6 numbers to know for SU basketball vs. Bucknell
- High-scoring opponents await Virginia men’s basketball team in Connecticut