As expected, the State-UNC battle in Raleigh was intense. That hasn’t always been the case in recent years as you probably recall.
Well it was Tuesday night.
UNC came out and went up 12-0 before State began to punch back. UNC had bigger players but State’s were quicker and generally more aggressive.
The Pack fought its way back and with :57 left Markell Johnson stole the ball and hit a wide open CJ Brice who had a chance to hit a three that would make it a one point game...but shot an airball instead.
And that was pretty much it.
As time goes on and Keatts gets a roster that doesn't consist of four guards and an average-at-best transient center, it’s going to be really cool to see how that program develops. They don’t give many people an easy game even with some limitations now.
By the way, if you didn’t see the game, find it or find highlights somewhere and look up the 360 Johnson pulled off. It was dazzling. In fact, we’d rate it higher than Zion Williamson’s 360 against Clemson if only because Johnson’s was in traffic and incredibly quick. Zion was in the open court for his.
Seriously, it was a real stunner. You don’t see stuff like that very often.
On a down note, Cam Johnson went down late, left the court and didn’t return to the game. The announcers speculated that it might be cramps but we didn’t hear anything specific.
Georgia Tech picked up a transfer when former USC Trojan Jordan Usher, a native of Marietta, transferred back home. He could help the Yellow Jackets especially on offense. He’ll be eligible next January.
Five games on tap Wednesday of varying interest. Virginia should kill BC of course, Virginia Tech should crush Georgia Tech and Louisville will likely beat Pitt. Florida State and Miami is usually a fun game but Miami likely has too many problems to overcome. Still, it’s a rivalry game so could be fun.
The most interesting game will probably be Clemson at Syracuse. That could be a real slugfest.
- No. 12 UNC takes out No. 15 NC State
- North Carolina’s Roy Williams talks about the victory over NC State
- What’s on the line for Georgia Tech against No. 9 Virginia Tech
- USC’s Jordan Usher transfers to Georgia Tech
- Still shorthanded, Miami basketball gets another shot at first ACC win against rival
- UofL basketball heads to Pittsburgh in first ACC road game
- No. 13 Florida State set to take on Miami in ACC home opener
- What does Syracuse basketball need to do to turn the corner?
- Braxton Key is a fit for U.Va. after transfer from Alabama
- Mamadi Diakite enjoying the stage for Cavaliers
- Radio recap: Tony Bennett likens Braxton Key to ‘Swiss Army knife’
- Virginia transfer Shayok flourishing for Iowa State
- Virginia’s Kyle Guy named ACC Player of the Week
|WEDNESDAY'S ACC ACTION|
|Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech||7:00||ACCNE|
|Clemson @ Syracuse||8:00||ACCNE|
|Louisville @ Pitt||8:00||ACCNE|
|Virginia @ BC||9:00||ESPNU|
|Miami @ Florida State||9:00||ACCNE|
DBR Auctions|Blue Healer Auctions| Drop us a line