When we were waiting for the Clemson-Alabama game to start, we weren’t sure that the Tigers could win the national championship. Alabama has become so powerful and so dominant that beating them has become highly unlikely.
So when Clemson turned this game into a laugher we, probably like a lot of people, were stunned. Punking Alabama is kind of like punking the mafia. They’re going to get you, you just don’t know when.
Who does that to the Crimson Tide? It was one of the most exciting football championships imaginable, not because it was close - 44-16 is hardly close - but because Alabama looked disoriented and uncertain how to even respond.
Clemson was amazing so congratulations to our ACC colleagues. We couldn’t be happier for you, not least of all because the ACC team beat the snot out of the SEC bully.
We realize that, well, it’s Clemson and not the entire ACC. That’s true of Alabama too though - it’s certainly not the entire SEC.
Even so, it’s nice to see the SEC taken down a peg or two. And keep this in mind: As bad as Duke’s game against Clemson seemed, the Blue Devils did hold the Tigers to just six points in the first half and 35 points total, nine points less than Alabama gave up on the biggest stage possible.
- The ‘Drake curse’ continues after Alabama’s loss to Clemson
- Alabama instant analysis: Tide suffers shocking loss to Clemson in CFP title game
- Nick Saban has met his match in Dabo Swinney as Clemson sets course toward an Alabama-like dynasty
- Tua Tagovailoa Benched for Jalen Hurts in 4th Qtr of Clemson Blowout of Alabama
- With Trevor Lawrence and more, Clemson will remain among the elite in 2019
- National Championship 2019:
- Trevor Lawrence, Clemson roll over Alabama to win Tigers’ second national title in three years
- With Clemson’s destruction of Alabama, Dabo Swinney is the new king of college football
|TUESDAY'S ACC ACTION|
|Duke @ Wake Forest||7:00||ESPN|
|UNC @ NC State||9:00||ESPN|
|No Monday Games|