It’s a busy Saturday for the ACC with six games scheduled.
Georgia Tech kicks things off with a visit to Durham. Virginia visits Notre Dame in what would usually be a fun matchup but might not be this year with Notre Dame struggling. Clemson heads up to Raleigh for a Stubborn Bowl game with the Wolfpack (both teams are gritty and tough-minded although State is doing better this season), then Jeff Capel takes Pitt to Louisville, where two resurgent programs will tangle. Boston College and Wake meet in Winston-Salem which gives Wake a chance at least. And in the night cap, Syracuse visits Virginia Tech.
Normally Notre-Dame and Virginia would be a fun contrast of styles. Mike Brey is a genius at ball movement and spacing while Tony Bennett just loves to jam offenses up.
Notre Dame is a year away though due to injuries and other problems so don’t expect a tight game and even if you get one, don’t expect the Irish to win.
There’s no indication that State will have Markell Johnson back for the Clemson game. He’s missed several now since injuring his back. We would take State in this game anyway. Clemson has struggled and we like where Kevin Keatts is taking his program.
Pitt is off to Louisville and while we wouldn’t rule out an upset, it’s had to see with how well Louisville has been playing. And people have figured out that you can zone Pitt and they still don’t have answer for that.
We don’t have much faith in Wake Forest but they could definitely beat BC. We’d still go with the Eagles though if only for experience. The talent is not bad either. Wake is just too erratic to put any faith in.
- What to watch for in ACC basketball: Jan. 25
- Tale of the Tape: Virginia vs. Notre Dame
- Three things to watch for Virginia-Notre Dame on Saturday
- Syracuse-No. 10 Virginia Tech highlights weekend in ACC
- Three reasons Pitt basketballhas faded recently
- Three things to know ahead of Virginia’s ACCmatchup with Notre Dame
- FSU Basketball: Will Noles make up ground in next couple of games?
- Notes from The Benchwarmer: Tre Jones could mean trouble for GT
- Is there a valid explanation for NC State’s free-throw discrepancy? Actually, yes.
- LeBron James and Roy Williams wore the same sneakers this week. But who wore them best?
- NC State looks to bounce back, with or without injured point guard Markell Johnson
- What Clemson must do to turn its season around, beginning Saturday against NC State
|SATURDAY'S ACC ACTION|
|Georgia Tech @ Duke||12:00||ACCNE|
|Virginia @ Notre Dame||1:00||CBS|
|Clemson @ NC State||2:00||ACCNE|
|Pitt @ Louisville||2:00||ACCNE|
|Boston College @ Wake Forest||4:00||ACCNE|
|Syracuse @ Virginia Tech||8:00||ESPN|
DBR Auctions|Blue Healer Auctions| Drop us a line