This may be null and void if you don’t read this until Monday afternoon, but how often has a team been #11 nationally and also 1-4 and tied for last place in its conference?
That’s the remarkable position Florida State is in after losing to Boston College 87-82.
Ky Bowman had a sensational game, scoring 37 points on 13-18 including 6-8 from three point range. He also had nine rebounds and three assists. Jordan Chatman had 17 and Winston Tabbs added 12.
Leonard Hamilton said this about Bowman afterwards: “I’ve never seen a guy play 40 minutes five games in a row and in the fifth game get 37. We worked our butts off trying to keep him from getting the ball. We overplayed him, denied him, everything we could. He’s that type of talent. He kind of drives the engine.”
That is pretty incredible and so is this: Florida State has one of the deepest, most athletic benches in the country and Boston College goes eight deep on a good day and one of those eight, Chris Herren Jr., came as a walk-on.
BC is just 10-7 and tied with FSU, Wake Forest, Miami and Notre Dame for last place.
Even so, it’s a fun team and Jim Christian is doing a lot with not very much. It’s a shame his team doesn’t draw more fans, particularly since Bowman is so gifted.
Only one game on Monday but a very intriguing one as Virginia Tech heads down to Chapel Hill to take on the Tar Heels.
Who knows what to expect?
This could be the best team Virginia Tech has ever had and UNC is clearly vulnerable but that’s no guarantee for the Hokies who have never maintained a high standard for long. That may change soon but it has not yet.
There’s a six-way tie atop the ACC currently - those two plus Duke, Louisville, Syracuse and Virginia - and one of them will fall off the pace Monday evening.
UNC has been erratic. Miami might have beaten them Saturday if they had had a deeper bench and Louisville just thrashed them on the 12th and in Chapel Hill no less.
It’s a very hard game to get a grip on but until the Hokies prove they belong we have to go with the Tar Heels.
- ACC Roundup - No shockers this Saturday - Duke Basketball Report
- An In-Depth Look at ACCTeam Records since 2010
- Virginia Tech seeks big win in “Big Monday” game at North Carolina
- Kabengele Scores 26 But FSU Men Fall At Boston College
- Coby White Growing into Point Guard Role
- Has U of L basketball’sdefense turned a corner?
- Duke takes 1st battle; war’s just getting good
- Buddy Boeheim’s growing process picks up with season-best against Pittsburgh
- Syracuse basketball recruiting target Qudus Wahab sets announcement date
- It came in a loss to Syracuse, but Pitt’s Jared Wilson-Frame broke out of a slump
|MONDAY'S ACC ACTION|
|Virginia Tech @ UNC||7:00||ESPN|
|Boston College 87 Florida State 82|
DBR Auctions|Blue Healer Auctions| Drop us a line