It’s a busy Saturday around the ACC. UNC and Miami kick things off at noon, then NC State turns up at Notre Dame, Pitt tests an up-and-down Syracuse, Wake Forest gets Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Louisville treks down to Hotlanta to meet Georgia Tech and Duke and Virginia get it on at 6:00 when the Cavs come down to Cameron.
UNC will be without Sterling Manley again as he tries to get past knee pain. He’s missed several games now.
On the other bench, Jim Larranaga has missed Dewan Hernandez since he was tied to the Adidas scandal and he’s getting kind of sick of it.
Pitt-Syracuse could be the most interesting game of the day. Syracuse was tremendous Saturday against Duke but has generally been erratic all season while Jeff Capel has breathed life into the Pitt program and ensuring that it’s talked about. Could Pitt pull it off? Syracuse would have to help a bit but they’ve done that periodically this season.
State too has been up and down lately and Notre Dame has improved so it wouldn't surprise us to seen an Irish upset. Key question: how healthy is Markell Johnson?
Georgia Tech has done enough to be intriguing, but we’re not sure they can pull off another upset. The Thriller Dome has yet to be revived.
Finally, we just can’t see Wake Forest beating Virginia Tech, must less on the road. That would be a huge upset.
- Pitt preparing for the ‘different experience’ of Syracuse’s zone defense
- Paul Zeise: Just enjoy whatever ride these young Panthers take us on
- ACC Basketball: Top 5 recent matchups for Pittsburgh vs. Syracuse
- How Louisville can knock off Georgia Tech and pick up another key win
- No. 17 Wolfpack checks depth
- Georgia Tech Returns Home to Host Louisville
- Here’s what to watch for in ACC Basketball this weekend
- Hokies return to Cassell Coliseum to face Wake Forest
|SATURDAY'S ACC ACTION|
|UNC @ Miami||12:00||ESPN2|
|NC State @ Notre Dame||2:00||ACCNE|
|Pitt @ Syracuse||2:00||ACCNE|
|Wake Forest @ Virginia Tech||4:00||ACCNE|
|Louisville @ Georgia Tech||4:00||ACCNE|
|Virginia @ Duke||6:00||ESPN|
DBR Auctions|Blue Healer Auctions| Drop us a line