The DBR Podcast is back with Episode 127! On this episode, the guys have an interview with former Duke Blue Devils and current Utah Jazz rookie Grayson Allen! They also recap the Duke Blue Devils win over N.C. Central and preview the huge upcoming game this Saturday against the Virginia Tech Hokies. As always, they finish with Parting Shots.
- 0:00 - Byrd Campbell, our legal eagles.
- 0:30 - Jason is hosting. He sounds drunk or over-excited or both.
- 1:45 - Jason got an interview with a former Dukie… we welcome Grayson Allen to the podcast.
- 3:00 - We begin by asking Grayson about his decision to come back to Duke year after year and wait on the NBA.
- 4:30 - Grayson talks about what was it like to continually have new one-and-done teammates.
- 5:50 - Grayson gives a surprising answer to the question -- Who was the best player you played with at Duke?
- 7:00 - Jason asks about freshman year and Grayson’s surprising role in winning a National Title.
- 8:30 - Grayson reflects on his final game and the shot against Kansas that almost went in.
- 9:25 - What is it like playing for a fellow Dukie in Coach Snyder?
- 10:20 - Grayson talks a bit about his NBA future.
- 11:50 - Grayson’s advice about the “stay in school or go to the NBA?” decision facing so many college hoops stars.
- 13:50 - Grayson’s reflection on Coach K is all about treating everything you do with importance.
- 16:40 - We react to Grayson’s interview, especially the question about his talented teammates.
- 22:30 - Looking for help with standardized testing? Check out DominateTestPrep.com
- 23:30 - We reflect on the Duke Football victory over North Carolina Central, starting with Donald and the defense.
- 28:10 - Sam talks a bit about the performance of Quentin Harris in his second game as a starter.
- 29:20 - SIDEBAR!! Sam tells a great story about why he was not at the N.C. Central game… it is a classic!
- 34:05 - Jason talks a bit more about our offense versus Central.
- 35:55 Preview of the huge game against Virginia Tech, and we have to start with the stunning Hokie loss to the Old Dominion Monarchs.
- 38:20 - Donald says this is a “statement game” for Duke.
- 42:10 - Sam has more on some significant personnel who will be missing for Virginia Tech, especially on D.
- 46:15 - Jason with the buzzkill… he reminds us of the last time Duke was 4-0.
- 50:10 - Need legal advice, we say you should reach out to the Dukies at ByrdCampbell.com
- 50:50 - Parting shots – Sam says the grad student camp out is on!
- 51:40 - Parting shots – Donald is visiting Cary, North Carolina for USWNT soccer. Look him up!
- 52:45 - Make sure to let us know if you can attend our live show in November!
- 54:20 - Parting shots – Jason on the surprising success in football of two basketball powers: Duke and the Kentucky Wildcats.
58:10 - Goodbye… and don’t forget to reach out to us at DBRPodcast@gmail.com.