Talented young big man Vernon Carey, currently seen as the top rated player in the class of 2019, has cut his list to five. In no particular order: Duke, Miami, UNC, Kentucky and Michigan State.
Notably missing is Kansas. Romeo Langford cut Kansas from his list because of the Adidas scandal. Could Carey have done so for the same reason?
Miami and Michigan State might bed the outliers here but his father played football at Miami and Tom Izzo has done well with players like Carey.
- Michigan State makes ‘final five’ for top recruit Vernon Carey Jr.
- No. 1 2019 prospect Vernon Carey includes Kentucky basketball in top 5
- 2019 power forward Vernon Carey includes Kentucky among five finalists
- Star U-School hoopster Vernon Carey Jr. releases top five, Miami makes the cut
- Kentucky makes final five for nation’s top-ranked power forward
- UK Basketball Recruiting: Vernon Carey cuts list to 5
- Five-star 2019 post Vernon Carey cuts list to five
- How three KU big men are helping Jayhawks in chase for 5-star PF