The Rice Commission will unveil its recommendations for college basketball Wednesday so stay tuned.
This is the commission headed up by Condoleeza Rice which was asked to take a close look at the game after the Adidas/FBI scandal broke.
They’ve done a good job at plugging leaks but we do know this: the NABC (National Association of Coaches) has been given talking points already and here they are:
“Change was necessary, and we knew that change was coming. As coaches on the front lines, we are uniquely positioned to offer valuable insight as the Commission’s recommendations progress through the legislative process.”
“As coaches, we are committed to working with the NCAA in evaluating the recommendations and will provide appropriate input as legislation is drafted.”
“We are appreciative of the Commission’s efforts to address necessary change, and for welcoming the input of the NABC.
As Mike DeCourcy points out, coaches are being asked to endorse the recommendations despite not having seen them and despite not having a single coach on the commission.
Locally, NC State A.D. Debbie Yow says she’d be happy to see summer recruiting addressed, no big surprise after State got sucked into the Adidas/FBI scandal.
We’ll have more after the recommendations are announced.
- NCAA Commission on College Basketball to release recommendations for changing sport
- SN exclusive: Coaches told by national association to support Rice Commission recommendations — whether or not they’re good
- Report: Coaches ordered to endorse Rice commission’s NCAA hoops changes regardless of what they are
- Commission to unveil ideas to fix college basketball’s woes
- Wednesday could be a monumental day for the future of college basketball. Here’s why.
- Swofford expects ‘substantive’ findings from Rice commission
If you're going to shop Amazon please start here and help DBR
Check out our October '17 t-shirt! || Drop us a line