UNC beat Duke 82-78 in Chapel Hill Thursday night.
As we've said for some time now, experience has a real advantage over raw talent. UNC showed more cohesion and played better overall and deserved to win on merit.
But for a lot of us, the pleasure and passion has drained right out of this rivalry. After learning that our rivals cheated for nearly 20 years, it’s just not the same. We didn’t look forward to playing them, and while we certainly didn’t enjoy losing, winning wouldn’t have had the same pleasure it once did.
The only part of this game that concerns us is that Duke’s education is proving difficult. The cohesion, the communication, the esprit de corps that has always defined Duke isn’t what it should be.
That said, at least Duke’s kids go to class.
We know we have to keep playing them but honestly, if they weren’t on the schedule anymore, that’d be fine. It’s just not fun anymore.
- Win over Duke shows UNC is the team it can be
- Despite all the talent, Duke looked overmatched in loss to Carolina
- UNC takes down Duke in Round 1
- College Basketball: Has Duke-North Carolina rivalry lost its luster?
- Duke’s Brotherhood Goes Far Beyond the Basketball Court
- Who is the real Bryant Crawford?
- FIRST BLOOD: North Carolina explodes in second half to take down Duke men’s basketball
- Box Score (HTML)
- Box Score (PDF)
- Season Stats (HTML)
- Season Stats (PDF)
- Postgame Notes (PDF)
- Coach K Quotes
- Duke Player Quotes
- North Carolina Quotes