Saturday is a busy day with a bunch of intriguing games. Notre Dame, showing immense character despite injuries, visits a surging Wolfpack.
Wake Forest, fresh off a big win over Florida State, gets #20 Clemson at home.
Virginia goes to Syracuse, a team they’ve struggled with periodically, most notably a late collapse in the NCAA tournament.
FSU, not a strong road team, visits Louisville, which could be a great game.
Finally, UNC probably gets a breather against Pitt though with a caveat: the Panthers may have something to say to Tar Heel defector Cameron Johnson. Theo Pinson, who went down hard at Clemson last weekend, is expected to play.
When State played at Notre Dame, right after Bonzi Colson’s injury, the Pack got absolutely hammered, losing by 30. They won’t have forgotten that and Notre Dame couldn't maintain that emotional intensity, having gone 1-6 then. State has captured some swagger and will likely whip it out against the Irish.
We’d give Clemson a real advantage over Wake Forest but the Deacs will have an advantage with Doral Moore. Clemson doesn’t really have an answer for him.
We’d be surprised if Syracuse took Virginia this time. Jim Boeheim’s team has had some issues and UVA is playing brilliantly.
We’ll be curious to see what happens with FSU and Louisville. The Cards have exceeded expectations and Florida State is periodically just brilliant. That one could be really fun.
After losing three straight, UNC welcomes Pitt to Chapel Hill. The only way Pitt wins that game is if UNC helps them or if Pitt goes totally nuts with threes. And the losses will focus the Tar Heels.
Speaking of UNC, the N&O asks if it’s okay for Roy Williams and Larry Fedora to not disclose their Nike income.
It’s a different situation for Duke and Wake Forest, Notre Dame and Boston College as they’re private and not supported by taxpayers. It’s a reasonable question.
- There have been 121 transfers in the ACC since UNC lost one. Why?
- Well-rested Clemson basketball team travels to Wake Forest
- Noie: Notre Dame men’s basketball needs Matt Farrell to return - now
- Virginia Tech and Roanoke men’s basketball preview capsules
- What could’ve been: Brad Brownell at Wake Forest?
- Surprising Clemson Tigers enjoying more good than ugly basketball
- Syracuse basketball vs. Virginia: 10 Things to Watch For
- Why Abdul-Malik Abu’s minutes are down NC State
- 3 key questions Louisville basketball faces during critical February ACC stretch
- 3 things to watch Saturday as Louisville basketball takes on Florida ...
- Three things to watch as NC State welcomes Notre Dame
- Teel Time Episode 24: U.Va. basketball stays unbeaten in the ACC
- Ten staggering facts from UVa’s 10-0 start in ACC play
- Virginia Tech Men’s Basketball Hosts Miami in ACC Clash