Well look at the Wolfpack! State beat Florida State in the ACC’s Sunday night game and didn’t just beat them but owned the Seminoles. FSU tied the game at 2-2 and after that it was all State.
The Pack shot 50% overall and 59.1% from three point range.
For the first time since 2006, State has won four ACC games in a row. The Pack is obviously getting hot at the right time and if you’ll remember two years ago, when Kevin Keatts took Wilmington against Duke and lost by eight and last year’s edition which lost to Virginia by five. He’s done a good job at getting his teams to peak at the right time for three years in a row. That’s something significant.
State finishes at Georgia Tech and with Louisville at home, both clearly winnable games.
Clemson finishes with FSU at home and wraps up at Syracuse. Whoever finishes in fourth gets the last double bye which makes life far easier in the ACC Tournament.
The next conference game, other than Duke’s trip to Virginia Tech Monday, is Miami at UNC Tuesday. An upset seems unlikely but the teams are somewhat similarly sized and Miami’s freshmen guards, Lonnie Walker and Chris Lykes, are both coming on fast. UNC has an advantage in most games with Joel Berry, who is a gutty, championship level guard and Theo Pinson has become an outstanding presence as a senior. Should be a fun game.
- Easy win over Florida State shows this is a different kind of NC State team
- NC State guard wears bandage on left hand, but isn’t injured
- NC State dominant in 92-72 win over Florida State
- NC State’s Sam Hunt catches fire late against Florida State
- Men’s basketball: Make-or-break week
- Clemson Basketball: How the Tigers lock up the fourth seed in the ACC Tournament
- After early ACC ‘punch in the face,’ NCSU answers with successful season of growth
- Recap: NC State playing its best ball as regular reason wraps up