When you see the final score to the BC-Pitt game was 81-58, you’d think it was a cakewalk.
Pitt - lowly Pitt - shot out to a 30-16 lead but BC came back, outscoring the Panthers 51-28 the rest of the way. Jerome Robinson personally outscored Pitt in the second half, 25-24.
Despite foul trouble, Robinson finished with 27 points on 11-18. Ky Bowman had nine points, six rebounds, seven assists and three steals. Jordan Chatman finished with 17 and perhaps most impressively Nik Popovic, who has struggled in ACC play, had nine points and 14 rebounds.
It was just a tough night for Pitt which now falls to 0-14 in ACC play. Kevin Stallings said this: “They continue to try — that is obvious with the way we came out and played in the first half — but I think now we’ve got a little bit of the ‘Uh oh’ effect if someone makes a run or gets the lead or whatever. That’s not something that should happen, but I feel like that happened a little bit tonight.”
You can’t really expect too much - Pitt is starting over from scratch. People should give the coach and team a break this season if not a complete pass. It’s asking an awful lot.
Virginia did okay against Miami, doing what they usually do to opponents and bouncing back from the Virginia Tech game when they didn’t do those things.
The Cavaliers limited Miami to four points in transition. The ‘Canes shot just 38% and had trouble getting inside, attempting 21 threes and making just six.
They shot 18-47 overall meaning that Miami had just 12 baskets anywhere inside of Virginia’s defense.
Three games tomorrow as NC State goes to Syracuse, Georgia Tech goes to Wake Forest down a point guard as Jose Alvarado’s elbow injury has ended his season, and Clemson takes his #11 ranking to Tallahassee to challenge the Seminoles.
We’re reasonably sure that at some point Clemson has been rated higher than Duke and UNC individually, but have the Tigers ever been ahead of both in the polls?
By the way, you can officially add Notre Dame to the list of schools that feel like UNC got away with a hypocritical double standard in their scandal.
- After hopeful start, Pitt loses 81-58 against Boston College
- Boston College shows Pitt there’s life after going winless
- No. 1 Virginia passes key road test, tops Miami
- Eagles Finally Beat Pittsburgh, Snap ACC Road Losing Streak
- Canes stifled by Virginia, and what they learned as they chase postseason berth
- No. 1 Virginia stays perfect on the road in the ACC
- No. 11 Tigers rested, ready for pivotal three-game stretch
- Is Torin Dorn the prototype for the future of NC State Basketball?
- NC State will have to overcome Syracuse’s ACC-best interior defense
- College basketball rankings: UNC’s slump officially over
- What Roy Williams does when ‘dadgum’ isn’t enough
If you're going to shop Amazon please start here and help DBR
Check out our October '17 t-shirt! || Drop us a line