We have a special emergency episode of the DBR Podcast, and Jason is steaming mad at the reports attempting to link Zion Williamson and the Duke Blue Devils to the Adidas scandal. Donald and Jason jump on to rant about it all!
Jason has been thinking about the reports about Zion Williamson perhaps being involved in the underhanded money going around and he just had to let his thoughts be heard. In short, he points out that the facts show there is no way anyone paid Zion (or any of the other 2018 recruits) to come to Duke. The timeline simply makes no sense.
- 0:00 - Thanks to Byrd Campbell and their newest Dukie legal eagle.
- 0:45 - Donald gets us to an emergency pod… about Zion and the Adidas college basketball trial.
- 3:05 - Jason gets his rant on… taking on Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports.
- 5:35 - Jason says the timeline makes no sense for Zion to have been paid by Duke.
- 8:40 - Donald compares this scandal to the movie Blue Chips and says Duke didn’t need to break the rules to get top players.
- 11:00 - Jason is still obsessed with the timeline and also says the implication that the NCAA is afraid to investigate Duke is total bunk.
- 15:05 - Donald reminds us that the NCAA has looked at Duke before, and they never found anything wrong.
- 16:40 - Jason’s last word… advice for Duke fans who get confronted by the haters.
- 18:00 - Goodbye and Duke band!
As always, you can subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Soundcloud. The guys will be back with another full episode early next week!
If you're going to shop Amazon please start here and help DBR
Check out our October '17 t-shirt! || Drop us a line