People around Miami have been talking about Chris Lykes and, well, how much they like him and against Florida State, he began to translate that respect to accomplishment.
Lykes scored 18 points against one of the ACC’s best defenses in just 25 minutes. Bruce Brown had 23 points and Dewan Howell had 20 points and eight rebounds.
But it wasn’t just offense. Miami held FSU to 36.2% from the floor while shooting 51%. Florida State did compensate somewhat by grabbing 21 offensive boards to Miami’s five.
Aside from Lykes, the ‘Canes got 12 points from the bench for a total of 30. That’s pretty darned good.
No games Monday but on Tuesday Syracuse visits Virginia while an increasingly dangerous BC travels to Chapel Hill.
- Miami Hurricanes hold off Florida State in basketball — in front of 17 NBA Scouts
- 1958 ACC Championship Team Honored Sunday
- Gramlich: Duke, Virginia still on top, but how does the rest of the ACC stack up?
- Syracuse basketball great Dennis DuVal has jersey retired at halftime of Notre Dame game
- How Notre Dame shut down Syracuse: ‘We knew they had some guys that didn’t want to shoot’
- Jim Boeheim: ‘We are not a good rebounding team; That was a complete myth’
- Former Cavalier Darius Thompson records triple-double in Western Kentucky’s win
If you're going to shop Amazon for Christmas please start here and help DBR
Check out our October '17 t-shirt! || Drop us a line