Saturday is a big day around the conference starting with Kevin Keatt’s first trip to Chapel Hill as State’s coach.
Then Miami and Florida State tangle in Tallahassee, Syracuse travels to Pitt, Virginia Tech goes west to challenge the Irish and Wake will see Louisville in the Yum! Center.
State has shown some guts this season but is still erratic. They will pin a lot of hope on Omer Yurtseven who gives them a nice mismatch. It’ll be fun to watch State’s guards chase UNC’s kids around the floor. When they’re at their best, the Pack is really tough. Problem is they’re not all that often yet.
We’d expect Virginia Tech to knock off Notre Dame with all the Irish injuries and the Hokies playing better. We have immense respect for the guts Notre Dame has shown but there’s only so much you can do with limited resources.
Syracuse should handle Pitt with no trouble. At least we’d hope so, although Pitt was almost able to take State. Pitt’s improving but not that fast.
Finally, Wake Forest plays Louisville. Is it likely that Wake wins? No, not until the Deacs learn how to close out a game. Is it possible? Sure.
It’s been a wildly difficult season for Louisville off the court but interim coach Dave Padgett deserves immense credit for how well he has managed that team in the midst of crisis. We’d have to consider offering him the job based on the potential he’s shown.
- ACC has been unkind to Pittsburgh
- Clemson basketball’s success this season could mean reworked contract for Brad Brownell
- Clemson AD offers thoughts on men’s basketball program, Brad Brownell
- More buckets, fewer bricks can shake Notre Dame men’s basketball from ACC slide
- Miami shooting for its third ACC win in a row
- Why, oh why, did we ever doubt a Tony Bennett Virginia team in the first place?
- Moneyball: How FSU’s Phil Cofer turned into one of America’s best ...
- Teel Time Episode 23: ACC hoops in full swing
- Notre Dame Basketball: With Matt Farrell shut down, NCAA tourney in doubt
- Kevin Keatts and NC State basketball are here for the long con´
- As Case dominated at NC State, McGuire’s arrival at UNC helped ignite a rivalry
If you're going to shop Amazon please start here and help DBR
Check out our October '17 t-shirt! || Drop us a line