That whole Josh-Pastner-is-crooked thing kind of faded away but it’s back now as Pastner is going to try to clear his name: he’s sued his former friend.
As you may recall, Pastner’s estranged friend, Ron Bell, made various accusations about Pastner and how he runs his program, accusing him of knowing of NCAA violations both at Georgia Tech and previously at Memphis.
Pastner issued a statement that’s pretty intense. Check this out: “I am disgusted and devastated by the actions of two individuals to whom I showed compassion. My family and I are victims of fraud and extortion and to the extent to which these individuals have gone to harm us is truly unfathomable. I absolutely and unequivocally never assaulted or harassed Ms. Pendley and I am truly sickened by these false claims.”
There’s always a chance that something bad could come out in court but you have to admire Pastner’s desire to protect his reputation.
In other scandal news, former Louisville recruit Brian Bowen, unable to play at Louisville, has enrolled at South Carolina. It’s not at all clear that he can play there either but presumably Frank Martin thinks that he has a shot.
Some interesting games Saturday, starting with UNC at Notre Dame. Notre Dame is crippled without Bonzi Colson and possibly Matt Farrell while UNC is quite dangerous but flawed. It’s going to be fascinating to see how that one works out.
Virginia Tech and Louisville are both working through issues. Neither has been playing great but Louisville had a great win over this week over FSU. It’s the second trip to Kentucky for the Hokies this season after the loss at UK. We have no feel for this game but if the Cards can capitalize on the Florida State win they could get things going.
Speaking of the ‘Noles, they host Syracuse. At just 1-3 in conference play, Boeheim’s team is close to being in real trouble. We’d expect FSU to win at home.
Miami and Clemson are jostling for position in the ACC and nationally. At 18 (‘Canes) and 19 (Tigers), the loser could fall out of the Top 25
The loser will have two losses in conference and the winner will retain part of second place.
O-4 Pitt hosts Georgia Tech. Probably bad timing: the Yellow Jackets are coming together finally.
And last, and definitely least, 11-6 BC hosts 4-9 Dartmouth. Should be easy money for the Eagles.
- NCSU basketball could have spiraled. Then, it did something it hadn’t done in 11 years.
- Why SU is struggling to score points
- SU vs. Fla. State
- Syracuse vs. Florida State: 10 things to watch for
- Noie: Notre Dame seniors Bonzie Colson, Matt Farrell take different paths along recovery road
- No. 18 Miami men’s basketball team set for key ACC matchups
- Ryan Luther’s absence leaves Pitt’s frontcourt in a desperate state
- Pitt mailbag: Which departed players would’ve made an impact this season?
- No. 23 Seminoles Host Syracuse Saturday At 2:00 PM
- Boston College lands commitment from four-star SF Jairus Hamilton
- Clemson basketball: Tigers have no time to lament NC State loss
- He is the only Miami native on the UM basketball team, and living up to the hype
- Next two games could have big NCAA impact for Miami basketball
If you're going to shop Amazon please start here and help DBR
Check out our October '17 t-shirt! || Drop us a line