We were looking forward to the Lakers-Celtics matchup in NBA summer league play because it would be a face-off between former Blue Devils Brandon Ingram and Jayson Tatum.
Didn't quite work out: LA held Ingram out of the game. Boston won 86-81.
For his part, Tatum again played well, finishing with 27 points and 11 rebounds as the Paul Pierce comparisons continue to grow.
After an awful first game for the Lakers, Lonzo Ball had a triple double, with 11 points, 11 boards and 11 assists.
On a related note, here’s another rave about the play of former Blue Devil Luke Kennard.
- Detroit Pistons' Luke Kennard displays NBA traits, IQ in summer league
- Top takeaways on Ball, Tatum, more in Lakers-Celtics
- Jayson Tatum shines again for Celtics in summer league
- Rookies Fox, Jackson and Giles sign their contracts with the Kings
- Rookie Giles says he's healthy. Why it could be awhile before he plays for the Kings.
If you're going to shop Amazon please start here and help DBR
Check out our new T-shirt!| Drop us a line