The latest DBR podcast is live! Here’s what we have this time:
- 0:00 Hello, this may be Ep #78 but Sam and Jason explain “the missing podcast” that happened but got trashed before being posted.
- 2:05 Donald joins us and explains where he has been… Downunder
- 2:35 Sam launches the discussion about Duke’s roster, those leaving and coming… this could get a bit haphazard.
- 4:10 We start with Frank Jackson’s decision to enter the draft… Jason seems to have a bunch of intel on this including some speculation about who might take Frank in the draft.
- 8:30 On to recruiting, our 6-man recruiting class is mostly comprised of kids from Atlanta, GA
- 12:00 The Trevon Duval conversation begins and Donald compares him to John Wall and (pre-injury) Derek Rose. Wow!
- 16:15 The conversation turns to the big men. Will Duke play 2 traditional bigs at one time?
- 21:10 Time for a debate about minutes/rotation. This was inevitable. Sam thinks the bigs won’t play as much as others have predicted.
- 27:05 Prediction time… who will be our second leading scorer next season? Sam gets a history lesson.
- 30:55 Sam wants us to talk about the one-and-done trend at Duke. We understand it, we accept it, but we are not fans of it. You can hear the strain and the angst in this discussion.
- 41:00 Jason says what we need to look at is not the one-and-done players, it is the players who could be here long term but who leave via transfer.
- 46:30 Sam time travels 10 years in the future and says we will barely remember Jabari Parker, Brandon Ingram, and other one-and-done guys… and that is a shame.
- 51:00 Jason dissects why players rush to the NBA and has a suggestion for how to fix the flawed NBA Draft system
- 58:20 Parting shot – Jason on the Duke teams still competing for a national championship
- 1:00:50 Parting shot – Donald gives a travel update and shout out to the American Outlaws
- 1:01:45 Parting shot – Sam on the woes of being a DC sports fan… which Jason says does not compare to getting crushed in the Super Bowl
- 1:06:50 Bye bye… and Duke band
If you're going to shop Amazon please start here and help DBR
Check out our new T-shirt!| Drop us a line