The big news of the day is Coach K’s return from back surgery. He was out for a total of seven games so the first question is: how did Jeff Capel do?
All in all we’d say pretty well.
The record is 4-3 but the important thing is that this team could have broken. Instead it has emerged from Mike Krzyzewski’s absence as a stronger and more united group. It still has a number of issues, but give Capel credit - he was a steady hand on the tiller. He gives the team back much better than it was.
Coach K returns for the Pitt game. Pitt has been a train wreck for part of the season with 1st year coach Kevin Stallings openly questioning his team’s commitment.
But we saw them take Carolina to the very edge of an upset this week so anyone who thinks Pitt will be a pushover should probably rethink it.
We’ll be interested to see what Coach K has to say about this, how he will spin advantage out of a bad hand. It might be a chance to watch film uninterrupted for a few weeks. Who knows?
But we’re sure he’ll find positives. He usually does.
It’ll be a special day in Cameron Saturday when he walks in for the first time.
- Duke’s Coach K to return Saturday against Pittsburgh
- Duke men's basketball set to host Pittsburgh in Coach K's first game after lower-back surgery
- Mike Krzyzewski says he is returning to coach Saturday vs. Pitt
- BACK ON THE BENCH: Duke’s Coach K to return to sidelines for Pitt game
- Coach K will return to the bench for Duke on Saturday
If you're going to shop Amazon please start here and help DBR | Drop us a line