Episode 96 is ready to rock!
Sam, Jason, and Donald recap the wins against Indiana and South Dakota. Jason is on husband duty so he's here for part 1 and Donald joins for part 2. We end with previews of St. Francis and Boston College, hand out Player of the Week honors, and end with a little Duke Football bowling!
- 0:00 Thank you, Byrd Campbell!
- 0:19 Sam brings us in and explains the disjointed podcast (First half is just Sam and Jason, second half, Sam and Donald)
- 1:00 It’s all Jason’s fault…he was being a good husband and needed to record early
- 2:30 Jason pre-reacts to the South Dakota game since his segment was recorded before the game!
- 3:40 Jason gives general thoughts on the Indiana win
- 5:05 Jason - “In addition to Indiana playing at home and playing well…we’re exhausted!”
- 6:22 Jason thinks we saw a growing trend where Duke plays uninspired ball for 30 minutes and get it together for 10
- 7:33 Jason brings up a Ben Swain tweet that explains how awesome Duke’s defense has been late in the game
- 11:10 Sam’s thought: Duke hasn’t really found its defensive identity yet
- 12:15 Sam: Is this an effort problem or something fixable? Jason: Too early to say it’s not fixable
- 14:35 Jason notes that our outside shooting isn’t as good
- 17:50 Jason thinks Alex O’Connell should get more minutes
- 21:00 Jason thinks Wendell Carter had an incredible game
- 22:15 Jason also shouts out Marques Bolden for his effort during the game
- 24:05 Sam and Jason briefly shift to the ACC Challenge - the ACC dominated B1G!
- 25:00 Jason thinks there are very few B1G locks for the NCAA Tournament
- 30:35 We say goodbye to Jason…hope Mrs. Evans enjoys the spa!
- 31:20 Byrd Campbell sends a message about the Indiana game
- 32:15 We are now in the future. Sam is now joined by Donald and we are post-South Dakota win
- 33:49 Donald begins his thoughts on the Indiana game by mentioning how well Wendell Carter played
- 35:20 Sam mentions that Carter’s poise is so impressive, especially since he normally draws the tougher defensive assignment
- 36:24 Donald thinks Wendell Carter has a great back to the basket game and complements Bagley’s game well
- 37:26 Donald says Marques Bolden had the play of the game
- 38:49 Sam thinks Bolden has embraced the role of energy big guy off the bench
- 39:52 Donald says Bolden and Carter both go up with two hands to get rebounds - very effective
- 41:47 Sam and Donald talk about the South Dakota win
- 48:07 Sam and Donald briefly preview St. Francis and Boston College
- 52:52 Jason’s not here for Players of the Week, but both Donald and Sam both give it to Grayson Allen
- 54:12 Parting Shots - Donald brings up Duke Football’s selection to play in the Quick Lane Bowl and is happy Duke is going to his hometown
- 56:12 Sam’s Parting Shot - Jimbo Fisher leaves the ACC for a boatload of money
- 56:52 Sam’s still looking for old basketball YouTube videos - email@example.com if you have good pre-2000 ones!
- 58:26 Donald notes that December 6th is the 3 year anniversary of DBR Podcast Episode 1!
- 1:00:15 See ya! Duke Band take us home.
If you're going to shop Amazon for Christmas please start here and help DBR
Check out our October '17 t-shirt! || Drop us a line