Only two games Wednesday as Syracuse welcomes Eastern Michigan Eagles and Georgia Tech entertains the Coppin State Eagles.
We don’t know much about Eastern Michigan but those Eagles are a respectable 8-3 with the biggest opponent being Indiana, to whom they lost by 20. So we’d assume Syracuse should win without too much trouble not least of all after losing to St. Bonaventure.
And Coppin State comes into Atlanta 0-13 but give them credit: these Eagles have played Oregon, Cincinnati, Rutgers, Georgetown, UConn and West Virginia. Certainly they won’t be scared of Georgia Tech, least of all after the Yellow Jackets lost to both Grambling and Wofford.
In the first post-Christmas poll, the ACC sees Duke at #4, Virginia at #9, UNC at #14, Miami at #16 and FSU at #19. The first four teams outside the to 25 are all ACC teams - Clemson, Louisville, Virginia Tech and Notre Dame.
- Syracuse basketball opens as a double-digit favorite over Eastern Michigan
- ACC Basketball Notes: Demon Deacons become 'spoiled' by Crawford
- Can FSU Basketball top expectations in ACC play?
- ACC Basketball: Power rankings before league play begins
- Bonzie Colson named ACC Basketball Player of the Week
- Notre Dame Basketball Report: Irish Rebound Heading into ACC
- North Carolina basketball set to begin ACC schedule
- Cam Johnson still finding fit as UNC comes off big upset loss