Exam break games tend to be a big erratic and so while you might have expected FSU to smoke Charleston Southern, the ‘Noles won by just 11, 69-58.
Phil Cofer had 19 to pace Florida State.
Charleston Southern had 20 turnovers and was held to 36.2% from the floor.
Wake had tough time from Cliff Ellis’s Coastal Carolina team, winning by just four, 84-80.
Still, the Deacs won and that makes six straight even if Keyshawn Woods had to lock the game down with late foul shots. Winning beats the hell out of losing.
Doral Moore is not as good as John Collins was last year but he’s a key factor in Wake’s improvement. He had 11 points and 10 boards last night.
It’s a big Tuesday night for the conference with eight games: Virginia hosts Savannah State, Clemson and South Carolina have their annual grudge match ( at Clemson) while Notre Dame tries to recapture some momentum with a visit from Dartmouth, Syracuse gets Buffalo at home, NC State will see one-time trouble maker Robert Morris (not so dangerous now), the Hokies take on the Blue Hose, Delaware State has a chance to sting Pitt and finally, like Clemson, Georgia Tech gets a crack at hated rival Georgia.
The rivalry games should be the best ones but it won’t shock us if Buffalo gives Syracuse trouble.
- Wake Forest stretches winning streak to 6 games
- Florida State pulls away from Charleston Southern for 69-58 win
- John Skipper, UNC grad and NC journalism hall of famer, resigning as president of ESPN
- Why the federal tax overhaul plan could have a major impact on college sports
- Now we know what it takes for the NCAA to sanction a UNC
- ACC basketball power rankings: Syracuse rises
- In the region: ACC to get its own SiriuxXM channel
- Anonymous donors giving Virginia Tech $15.2 million for sports performance center