Monday’s ACC Results
- Notre Dame 88 Mt. St. Mary’s 62
- Montana 83 Pitt 78 (OT)
- Virginia 93 Austin Peay 49
Tuesday’s ACC Action
- Iona @ Syracuse
- Sacred Heart @ BC
- George Washington @ Florida State
- Bryant @ NC State
- Liberty @ Wake Forest
Take a skinny seven footer and tack on 50 lbs and what do you get?
If you’re lucky, and you’re Virginia, you get Jay Huff Monday night.
He’s still pretty skinny but in high school Huff weighed about 170. He’s big enough now to be effective, and was he ever against Austin Peay.
Huff finished with 16 points on 7-8 from the floor and 2-2 from deep, four rebounds and five blocks.
We just may see more of the Durham native.
Virginia scored 93 points which is almost shocking from a Tony Bennett team.
The Cavs shot 63.5% overall and 47.1% from three point range. And they seem to have found a star.
Pitt’s overhauled team played before 3,102 optimistic fans and lost to Montana in overtime, 83-78.
The Panthers had 19 turnovers. Clearly there’s a lot of work to do before the UC Santa Barbara Gauchos roll into town.
Good news for BC though! With a solid backcourt and some promising other players, BC might get out of the cellar finally.
Bonzie Colson rolled as the Irish smoked Mt. St. Mary’s. Colson hit 27 points on 11-15 from the floor. He also grabbed 11 boards.
Rex Pflueger had a double-double of his own with 14 points and 10 boards.
As usual Notre Dame took care of the ball with just six turnovers.
Like Pitt, Wake blew the first game out of the gate. The Deacs, however, aspire to better things.
- Ranking ACC basketball openers: Who's got the toughest start?
- Pitt perfect: Montana men's basketball team knocks off ACC's Pitt
- Austin Peay Men's basketball falls to Virginia 93-49
- Notre Dame basketball gets commitment from three-star recruit Chris Doherty
- Season Preview: Florida State men's basketball