After 18 years of academic fraud, the NCAA will not sanction UNC for anything, not even using ineligible players, which seemed to us the bare minimum and certainly within its powers.
Simply put: even if the NCAA can’t punish UNC for systemic academic fraud it could certainly rule players ineligible for taking those classes and forfeit events they participated in.
- No significant penalties for UNC in NCAA’s long-awaited report on academic scandals
- NCAA decision on UNC: "Could not conclude academic violations" for football, basketball
- NCAA: No punishment for UNC athletics in academic scandal
- The Latest: UNC avoids major penalties in NCAA academic case
- The NCAA agrees UNC committed academic fraud. Here's why the NCAA isn't punishing the Heels for that