Who would’ve ever dreamed it would come to this? After years of obfuscation and delay, the NCAA will deliver its final report - and any sanctions - to Chapel Hill.
On the morning of Late Night With Roy Williams. On Friday the 13th.
And hold a press conference to discuss it - at high noon.
From what we can tell a lot of Carolina fans, and we presume insiders as well, are not very happy about this.
Well, who’s fault is that?
After the paper classes were exposed, UNC did everything it could to avoid this day, postponing it several times by various means, including last Friday, when it asked for another delay in order to kick off a major fundraiser without distraction.
So here we are.
The NCAA still controls the report and not a word has leaked, not even the slightest suggestion of which way things may go.
Whatever happens, it’s likely to be the most interesting Late Night Ol’ Roy has ever had.
- UNC’s NCAA report coming out Friday: What to expect and what’s next
- How NCAA ruling could affect UNC’s ability to make money from athletics
- Coming Friday: UNC will receive NCAA Committee on Infractions report
- Ed Hardin: Proud Carolina arrives at a momentous day in its sports history
- UNC expected to hear from NCAA Friday
- How will the NCAA punish UNC? Here are the possibilities