Should be a fun Saturday around the ACC with several interesting games.
Undefeated FSU heads up to Chapel Hill to play UNC, which will be without freshman big man Tony Bradley.
Win it and they might face...
...undefeated Notre Dame - if the Irish can survive a trip to Blacksburg. Cassel Coliseum is a great environment and a huge home court advantage in a big game.
Syracuse gets another crack at BC, this time at home. The Orangemen won’t have forgotten the pasting they took in Beantown. Will that be enough? Syracuse is Team Erratic so far.
And Miami and Pitt square off at Pitt. We’d favor the ‘Canes but Pitt has proven it has to be taken seriously. Jamel Artis and Michael Young are averaging 22 points each (Artis is actually averaging 22.8) and that’s a great foundation.
The remarkable thing is the level of flux this far in. Duke? Injuries have made the season highly unpredictable. UNC? Managed to lose at Tech and nearly at Wake Forest. Virginia? Not what it was the last couple of seasons.
Aside from Georgia Tech and Boston College, only the Seminoles and the Irish are exceeding expectations. Florida State is looking more and more like a team built for a deep March run and Notre Dame, despite significant losses after last year’s Elite Eight run, is still cruising along.
We’ll know more after Saturday.
- Season for Orange, former Husker Andrew White turning sour
- ACC THIS WEEK: No. 9 FSU puts unbeaten league mark on line at No. 11 UNC
- University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga develops close to his Cuban heritage
- Stephen Schramm: Wolfpack faces crucial weekend
- Another enormous test awaits FSU men
- UNC vs. Florida State: Things to know
- Analysis: Notre Dame men embrace, answer adversity as ACC basketball drama kings
- Avoiding long slides key for Virginia Tech in ACC play
- Bracketology: Florida State a No. 1, ACC could put 10 teams in NCAA Tournament
- Schwedelson: In the ACC, anything goes and no one knows
If you're going to shop Amazon please start here and help DBR | Drop us a line