Florida State beat Samford Monday night to move to 12-1 for just the third time in program history. Terrance Mann led the way with 19 for FSU. Xavier Rathan-Mayes hit 15.
It’s a great start for FSU but things are about to get brutal: the ‘Noles open ACC play with a vastly better Wake Forest, then at #12 Virginia, back home vs. a rising Virginia Tech, then #5 Duke. FSU then heads to Chapel Hill to play #8 UNC, followed by #25 Notre Dame and #10 Louisville at home.
That’s as though an opening stretch in ACC play as we can remember and it’ll likely define FSU’s ACC season.
After two straight losses, Notre Dame got right again with a 15-point win over Colgate. VJ Beacham had 20 and Bonzi Colson added 13 points and seven boards.
Notre Dame had a 21 point lead before Colgate fought back but the fight was limited.
Mike Brey’s team is now 10-2 heading into ACC play after one last non-conference game with St. Peter’s.
Syracuse put all eight scholarship players in double figures in its impressive 48-point win over Eastern Michigan.
Freshman Tyus Battle had 18 to pace the Orange.
Syracuse forced 20 turnovers, won rebounding 45-33 and shot 58.7% from the floor.
It’s been a long season already but that performance has to warm Jim Boeheim’s heart.
On Tuesday, Josh Pastner gets a chance to impress as Georgia Tech takes on Georgia - win that game and you win the crowd, to borrow from the movie Gladiator - and Virginia Tech takes on Charleston Southern.
- Best, worst of SU's blowout of Eastern Michigan
- Syracuse basketball, Taurean Thompson get their chance to pick apart zone defense
- Rob Murphy on Syracuse basketball: 'It takes a little time to get what you want'
- Mann helps FSU men reach 12-1 with 76-68 win over Samford
- Syracuse cruises to 105-57 win over Eastern Michigan
- Georgia Tech roster features ACC's most exciting rookie
- Irish player's brother in Army makes surprise appearance (video)
- Jerome Robinson receives weekly ACC honor
- Pastner not making a big deal out of rivalry game
If you're going to shop Amazon please start here and help DBR | Drop us a line