It’s an old story: Auburn made its first trip to New York and had something important stolen.
Boston College ruined Auburn’s first-ever trip to the Big Apple and did so in style, winning on a last-second tip-in.
Auburn is clearly rebuilding but has some talent and is almost certainly further along than BC is in its own overhaul.
Among Auburn’s talents: young TJ Lang, son of Antonio, one our all-time favorite Blue Devils. Lang is a 6-7 junior who once planned to attend Virginia Tech.
Antonio is just a nice man, a decent fellow, someone who walks into a room and whose humility commands respect.
We don’t know TJ at all but he’s got a great role model.
In this game he finished with six points, one rebound, one assist and two steals.
Nic Popovic, a 6-11 freshman out of Bosnia and Herzegovina, was the hero, tipping in the winning shot with just 0:2 left.
For most schools, it would a nice win; for BC it’s a lifeline. The Eagles need some things to build on.
For Auburn and the SEC, it’s a tough loss. Let’s face it, until they prove otherwise, the perception is that BC sucks.
Jerome Robinson is doing what he can to change that: the Raleigh native finished with 23 points and 11 rebounds. That’s a solid night’s work.
Former BC coach Al Skinner still sounds bitter about how his tenure at BC ended and also seems to take an unseemly delight in the struggles Boston College has endured since he left.
In the latest coaches poll, the ACC is kicking butt: Duke is #4, UNC #6, Louisville #11, UVA #12, Notre Dame #21 and Florida State #23.
That’s two more than any other conference can claim. Syracuse, Virginia Tech and Miami also received votes.
Off his meds: Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim on defense: 'We couldn't lead the local high school in steals'
- College basketball: Ex-BC coach Al Skinner on his ability, Eagles' 'mistake'
- Taurean Thompson offers glimpse of potential for SU
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim on defense: 'We couldn't lead the local high school in steals'
- Coaching U.S. Olympic team a new beginning for 'Coach K'
- Popovic's tip-in gives Boston College 72-71 win over Auburn
- Tigers drop heartbreaker to Boston College
- Auburn falls to Boston College at buzzer in first-ever trip to New York City
If you're going to shop Amazon please start here and help DBR | Drop us a line