Tyus Jones declared for the NBA draft on Wednesday, as you know, and then he posted this on Instagram:
|If you're going to shop Amazon please start here and help DBR|
|Order your championship t-shirt today!|
|Drop us a line|
"I want to say thank you to Duke University, the best University in the country for everything it has done for me. Thank you to all the fans for their endless support and for being the best fans in the world. Thank you to my teammates who quickly became my brothers, for allowing me to be myself and also pushing me to become better on and off the court. Thank you to all the coaches for all the work they did with me. And lastly, thank you to this man, who gave me a once in a lifetime opportunity, who taught me so much on the court, but more than just basketball, he also taught me how to become a better man, brother, son, teammates and much more. I'll forever be thankful, and will always be a Duke Blue Devil!"
In case it wasn't obvious, that last bit was directed at Coach K. That's about as cool as Cuba Gooding Jr.'s thank you to Jerry Maguire and should be useful in recruiting, even if Duke doesn't bring it up (and it doesn't have to).
Here are some links about Jones' move. He had an extraordinary year. We'll be following his NBA career closely and like all Duke fans, wish him, Jahlil Okafor and Justise Winslow all the best as they move forward in their careers.
- Tyus Jones shares goodbye letter to Duke basketball on Insta
- Tyus Jones joins Duke's NBA exodus
- Tyus Jones thanks Coach K in heartfelt note on Instagram
- Duke's Tyus Jones finishes chaotic post-title frenzy with NBA Decision
- How departure of Duke's Tyus Jones to NBA affects Kentucky
- Duke’s Tyus Jones leaving for NBA draft
- Tyus Jones to enter 2015 NBA draft
- The Beat goes on: Despite losing Jones Blue Devils still have plenty of talent to defend title