Let's be clear on a couple of things first. This is from a radio show where a guy called in and said he was former UNC football player Tydreke Powell. There's no way to prove that who he is unless he decides to confirm his comments publicly. If his is him, though, he has some damning things to get off of his chest.
|If you shop Amazon, please start here and help DBR|
|Drop us a line|
He says a number of things, most notably calling Roy Williams "a snake" and saying that he obviously knew what was going on.
From the call: "Listen, let me tell you this right here. One thing about Carolina, man, if you ain't got a class with a basketball player, you [better] go find one. If you got one with [them], you know it's an A ... Butch Davis kinda turned it around, but we still didn't get no respect. But when these guys, when you walked into class and saw a basketball player, if you dropped that class, I mean you were just ignorant, man."
He also made a direct allegation at a particular player, whose name was beeped out, saying that the basketball player never came to class except for tests and that a girl took those for him, apparently in exchange for athletes "running a train" on her.
Someone will have to get him to affirm his comments, but either way, this is not good news for Williams, who is already under a certain amount of pressure. He's bound to hear questions about this, Friday night if not before.
On Friday, UNC launches the regular season with N.C. Central coming to the DeanDome.
Incidentally, among other things, Powell indicts himself. On the one hand, he seems proud to say he has his degree; on the other, he freely admits that he took some fake classes, something which may come back to haunt him.
- Man claiming to be ex-UNC football player: 'If y'all came for an education, you should have went to Harvard'
- Former UNC Athlete Tydreke Powell Claims Everybody Knew About Their Academic Scandal
- UNC Tydreke Powell Exposes Sexual Scandal
- 3Live Crew Interviews Tydreke Powell of UNC - 102 JAMZ
- Ex-Tar Heels DL sounds off on UNC academic scandal
- Caller identifying himself as former football player Tydreke Powell calls out UNC coaches on Greensboro radio station