Here are the times, pairings and networks for the ACC/Big Ten Challenge:
|Support The DBR Writers Fund Via Paypal!|
P.O. Box 1642
|e-mail for further info|
Tuesday, December 3
- 7:15 p.m. - Indiana at Syracuse - ESPN
- 7:15 p.m. - Illinois at Georgia Tech - ESPN2
- 7:30 p.m. - Penn State at Pittsburgh - ESPNU
- 9:15 p.m. - Michigan at Duke - ESPN
- 9:15 p.m. - Notre Dame at Iowa - ESPN2
- 9:30 p.m. - Florida State at Minnesota - ESPNU
Wednesday, December 4
- 7:00 p.m. - Maryland at Ohio State - ESPN or ESPN2
- 7:00 p.m. - Wisconsin at Virginia - ESPN or ESPN2
- 7:30 p.m. - Northwestern at NC State - ESPNU
- 9:00 p.m. - North Carolina at Michigan State - ESPN
- 9:00 p.m. - Boston College at Purdue - ESPN2
- 9:30 p.m. - Miami at Nebraska - ESPNU
We listed some thoughts earlier, but as we do every year, we change our minds as it approaches. So: latest thinking:
We like Syracuse over Indiana. We are intrigued by Illinois and Georgia Tech, two rising programs. It's a huge opportunity for Tech. No way Penn State beats Pitt. Duke-Michigan could be spectacular. We don't pick against Duke very often. Notre Dame should be able to take Iowa but Fran McCaffrey has his team on the right path. We still like Notre Dame here.
We have no idea about FSU and Minnesota. The Gophers are breaking in Richard Pitino, who seems like a young coach in a hurry. Tough call here.
Maryland at Ohio State - Because it's at home, we'll take the Buckeyes. These teams are not that far apart - or shouldn't be, anyway.
UVa has a lot of talent suddenly but Wisconsin doesn't mind playing slow. We like UVa in this one.
Here's the thing about Northwestern and State - Chris Collins knows them; they have no clue about the Wildcats. Currently a toss-up in our book.
We might've taken UNC at Michigan State, but not having Hairston could hurt them. Also, they are taking their young big men against a very rugged defense. Someone will have to be exceptional for UNC.
Purdue had a tough year last year while BC started showing some real signs. We like BC here.
And finally, Miami at Nebraska? Right now, a toss-up.