Steve Politi of the Star-Register fires off a major rip of Rutgers and incoming A.D. Julie Hermann.
To catch up: Rutgers president Robert Barchi, who apparently is working without a contract but not without a net, has said that despite allegations of player abuse while coaching volleyball at Tennessee, Hermann, who was brought in after Mike Rice was fired.
In its hour of glory, as they ascend to the Big Ten, Rutgers is instead a laughing stock.
It's hard to understand the logic of any of this, but Politi cuts through it and gets down to some basics in a hurry.
- Incoming Rutgers AD Julie Hermann says she was 'an intense coach' but not abusive
- Rutgers AD Julie Hermann calls allegations 'heartbreaking' and says she has 'tried to learn from each mistake'
- Rutgers President Barchi says embattled AD Julie Hermann will keep her new job
- Rutgers AD Julie Hermann has no plans to quit over abuse allegations
- If Rutgers doesn't work out, Julie Hermann 'likely' could return to old job, Louisville columnist writes