The NCAA has ended the investigation into Lance Thomas and his jewelry store purchase. Duke issued this statement: âThe NCAA has found no evidence of a rules violation in this situation based on the information available, and both the NCAA and Duke consider the matter closed.â
As you'll recall, Thomas made a large jewelry purchase, put down $30,000, and was sued for the balance.Â However, the only parties who knew what happened were Thomas and the jeweler, and neither talked to the NCAA, possibly because they signed a confidentiality agreement.
In USA Today, Nicole Auerbach says that Coach K only addressed the controversy once during this past season, but as he said at the time, he was not allowed (by the NCAA) to talk to Thomas while the investigation was open. There wasn't a whole lot to say, really.
- NCAA drops its investigation into former Blue Devil Lance Thomas
- Thomas investigation shows âno evidenceâ of violation
- NCAA finds no violations in Duke, Lance Thomas case - USA Today
- NCAA clears Lance Thomas, but not its own reputation
- NCAA: Duke faces no punishment in Lance Thomas jewelry case
- Lance Thomas jewelry case turns up zilch
- NCAA finds no violations by Duke forward Lance Thomas
- NCAA closes case into Duke's Lance Thomas with no finding of wrongdoing
- Lance Thomas had $30000 to spend on jewelry?