We're not sure how far back you have to go to find a bigger football day in the Triangle: first, despite significant injuries Duke moved to 5-1 with a big win over Virginia, 42-17. Carolina just blew out Virginia Tech, 38-34. And in the biggest win of all, State shocked FSU in the final seconds, 17-16.
Florida State's national title hopes, barring a ton of losses in the Top 5, are over.
The standings are not what you might expect: Maryland is, temporarily, on top of the Atlantic Division, with FSU third behind Clemson.
In the Coastal, Virginia Tech is fourth, Georgia Tech fifth. And on top? Miami is first and Duke - Duke! - is second.
The guys on the team must be over the moon.
Virginia Tech is up next and while they'll likely be favored, at 3-3, they don't seem invincible.
- DUKE MOVES TO 5-1
- DUKE 42, UVA 17: Defense dominates 2nd half action
- UNC 48, VA. TECH 34: Bernard, Heels blitz Hokies
- Duke goes to 5-1 with 42-17 win over Virginia
- N.C. State stuns Florida State in final seconds, 17-16
- Ratcliffe: Second-half struggles spur another Cavalier setback
- UVa-Duke notebook: Sims places blame on himself
- Virginia blown out by Duke in fourth straight loss
- Big second half powers Devils past Cavs
- Duke moves one step closer to first bowl since 1994
- Hokies trampled in Chapel Hill
- Virginia Tech football vs. North Carolina: Hokies hit new low in loss
- Tar Heels overwhelm Hokies in Chapel Hill
- UNC's gamble pays off in 48-34 win over Virginia Tech
|Coming This Week!|
|DBR Is On Twitter!(DBRTweetz)|