As the China leg of the summer tour concludes with a 93-78 Duke win, a few quick hits:
- Duke is likely to build around a perimeter which is athletic and deep and explosive.Â It'll only get better as Alex Murphy, Michael Gbinije and Quinn Cook are incorporated and as Austin Rivers adapts to the college game.
- The perimeter players plus Ryan Kelly are going to open the floor up a great deal for the Plumlees and whoever is driving.
- The success of the team may to a large extent depend on Andre Dawkins.Â If he's consistent on both ends, Duke's potential goes up sharply.
- Tyler Thornton has a great role on this team - he's like the mini Billy King.
- The defense is much more athletic than it has been in recent years.Â As things develop, look for Thornton and Gbinije to become a dynamic duo on D.
- Ryan Kelly is as dramatically improved as Nolan Smith was after his freshman year and Brian Zoubek his senior season.
- Once again, Duke loses key players and the national media doesn't understand that a very different group is also very potent.
We'll have more later.
|The DBR App!|
|DBR Is On Twitter!(DBRTweetz)|