As the shock of Tom Emma's suicide sinks in, coaches and teammates react.Â Here are comments from Coach K and Mark Alarie, along with some new links.
Coach K: "The Duke basketball family is deeply saddened to hear of the tragic passing of Tom Emma. He was a good man and fine representative of Duke University. Our hearts go out to his family and friends. He will be missed."
Alarie: âItâs really come as a shock to everybody. No inkling that there was a problem with depression or any issues like that. So itâs really a shocker...He just had a never-say-die, never-give-up attitude when he was on the floor, and we all respected him and admired him for that, and thatâs why he was a captain, because he had that attitude, that kind of fight and competitiveness in him. He was a great teammate.â
- Ex-Manhasset basketball star kills self
- Duke mourns ex-captain Emma
- Former Duke basketball player dies
- Former Duke Captain Thomas Emma Dies In Fall
- Former Duke Guard Thomas Emma Leaps To Death At NYC Health Club
- Former Duke Basketball Star Jumps To Death From New York Athletic Club
|The DBR App!|
|The Next Step For DBR|
|DBR Is On Twitter!(DBRTweetz)|