Looks like wiser heads prevailed and the NBA will have a season after all. While the players are expeced to approve the deal that hasn't formally happened yet. Here are some details:
- Training camp and free agency will open on December 9th with the season to open on Christmas day with a triple header.
- The season will be 66 games long.
- The age limit is not yet established.
- The deal is for 10 years but either side can kill it after six.
- Players will get between
- The playoffs and finals will be later than normal, which may affect the Olympic team (no word yet on specifics here).
- The split will be 50% but could be either 51 or 99 depending on a profit formula
Jeffrey Kessell, who had upset the owners with some inflammatory statements, was supplanted by Jim Quinn, who union chief Billy Hunter felt could still talk to the league.
Check back for more links later but here are a few for now, plus some Duke and other Tweets about the apparent end of the lockout:
- Players react on Twitter
- Players likely to pass CBA
- Top 40 players in free agency
- NBA sides agree on framework of deal
- NBA, players reach tentative deal
- âA Christmas miracle?
- NBA Lockout Update: Denver Nuggets Could Be Big Winners
- âMavs scheduled to host Miami Heat on Christmas to help open season
- âRockets will target Nene in free agency
- Five issues the Nets must address
- âNBA reaches tentative deal to start by Christmas