All things considered, it was a good day for the conference. You can toss out the Virginia and Maryland losses though - both were dreadful. Virginia had their game with Southern Miss locked up before they choked. And Maryland lost, again, to Middle Tennessee State. Yuck.
In the gimme category, State beat Gardner-Webb by 31 and Wake took Elon by 28. In the only conference game of the day, Clemson beat B.C. 25-7.
In the meaningful games, UNC knocked off ECU 31-17, Virginia Tech survived Nebraska 16-15, and most impressively, Florida State clobbered #7 BYU 54-28, and thus re-enters the national conversation after a tough couple of weeks.
Toss that in with Miami's solid win over Georgia Tech Thursday, and things are looking a bit better for the conference.
- Hall, Cougars frustrated by Seminoles
- Monson: BYU blows another chance for a national splash
- Despite delays, Clemson storms past BC
- NC State QB Wilson seeks milestone
- Tar Heels' defense walks the walk
- Spiller, Tigers outlast Boston College 25-7
- Maryland's woes continue in loss to Middle Tennessee
- Ponder drives Seminoles to decisive win over No. 7 Cougars
- Florida State, BYU are model of efficiency on third down
- Offensive switch not enough for UVa
- Heels' 'Mookie' gets revenge for ECU snub
- Skinner, defense lead Wake Forest past Elon 35-7
- Breaking down Clemson-Boston College
- NC State's Russell Wilson breaks NCAA passing record
- Big chance, big frustration: Wake Forest rolls past Elon
- Terrapins Stunned By Blue Raiders
- Wolfpack crush GW, but lose key players
- Maryland Marred By Strange Substitution Patterns, Among Other Things
- Hokies prove they're still in picture with gutsy win over Huskers
- Morris: In lieu of trophy, enjoy Spiller's dazzling play
DBR Is On Twitter!