The only game Tuesday is not hugely important, as Clemson travels to FSU for a 7:00 game. Obviously Clemson wants to win, but if they lose, it won't by itself change their season. FSU has almost no shot at the tournament now, barring a miracle drive through the ACC Tournament, which history says ain't going to happen.
Clemson, though, is starting to realize they can be a pretty good team, albeit a flawed one. In our view, they are absolutely an NCAA Tournament team, but in order to prosper in The Land Of Tight Games, you have to hit your free throws. It's an Achilles Heel for the Tigers.
FSU has had a tough season largely because they lost their big men for most of the season. Julian Vaughn had to sit out for a long time for medical reasons and he hasn't really hit his stride yet. He's working his way back, but it's probably too little, too late.
UVa's Tunji Soroye, who has been out most of the season, is considering taking a redshirt year. There are some complications, however.
Ty Lawson is still out for UNC, and won't play against State on Wednesday. To keep things interesting, Quentin Thomas has the flu.
- Tigers Try For Sweep Of Seminoles Tuesday Night
- Wake's win over Duke may have given ACC a shot in the arm for postseason
- Coming of Age
- BULLDOG: UNC's Hansbrough keeps working tenaciously to improve his game
- Postseason hopes drying up
- Lots of factors to blame in Tech loss
- Bottom falls out from BC
- Clemson Tiger basketball hungry for bigger goals