Maryland is still trying to put the pieces together, and with Charlotte and Holy Cross coming up before conference play begins, time is of the essence. But Bambale Osby thinks they're starting to come together, and if you can't trust Osby, what point is there in living life deluded?
Just kidding! We'll see how they do. An improved Eric Hayes will help.
State gets Presbyterian on Saturday, and after their performance at Wake, State might want to not take them lightly.
Maybe it's just us, but we've gotten into the habit of expecting B.C. to do well. And we've learned that under Bill Self, Kansas does something stupid on a nearly predictable basis. So would we rule out an upset Saturday? Not on your life.
FSU plays LaSalle on Saturday. The Explorers are not what they have been, but they have tradition on their side.
Vitale thinks Clemson has a shot on Sunday. So do we (we'll have more on this Saturday night). But as Barry Jacobs has pointed out, this season and last and again this week, free throw shooting is a critical weakness for the Tigers.
RPI Rankings by Pomeroy
Georgia Tech 65
Wake Forest 82
Virginia Tech 83
- Conference Play Big For Clemson, Villanova
- Tigers hope to show they're contenders against Tar Heels
- ACC's Real Sport Getting Interesting
- Jayhawks looking to remain perfect
- Clemson-North Carolina Preview Notebook
- Clemson gets chance to answer doubters
- FSU's Swann mired in slump
- Q&A: Getting to Know... NC State's Marques Johnson