In Wednesday's ACC action, UNC beat Asheville, 93-81, State whacked Central, 54-29, Clemson was upset by Charlotte, 82-72, and Georgia Tech lost to Georgia, 79-72.
We didn't see the UNC game, but Asheville hung in there, didn't they?Â They have a very tall player in 7-7 Kenny George, but, well, it's Asheville and UNC. Apples and oranges.
State, which has flirted with danger on a number of occasions recently, gave up theÂ habit and crushed N.C. Central. The Eagles have won just one game in their first D-1 season, a 73-70 victory over Tennessee Tech on November 21st.
We're not sure what happened to Clemson, but perhaps it was a hangover from the epic game with UNC this past Sunday.Â And sure enough, Oliver Purnell warned them that might happen.Â Better listen to coach!
Finally, no great surprise that Tech lost to Georgia. The Bulldogs are more disciplined and, overall, a better coached team.Â Tech falls back to .500 overall.
No ACC action Thursday or Friday night!Â But every team is in action Saturday as conference play begins in earnest, except for Duke and UVa, and they play Sunday night's Fox game.
- Heels contend with UNCA big man
- Free throws and defense help NCSU past N.C. Central
- Stepheson gets warm welcome
- Deacons have worked hard to correct flaws
- Terrapins sport a different look
- Florida State Seminoles vow to limit turnovers in future
- Free throws and defense help NCSU past NC Central
- Big man on campus
- WFU's Marc Blucas on his new film