In lacrosse news, a
court date has been set for May 18 for Reide Seligmann and Colin Finnerty.
And in other news, we've been unable to find a complete list of the eight
demands by the New Black Panthers. The Wilmington Journal has
with some other information of note. The demands:
- A vigorous prosecution and investigation.
- No more hostile attacks and slander on the alleged victim.
- No more private meetings between Mayor Bill Bell, NCCU Chancellor James
Ammons and Duke Pres. Richard Brodhead.
- Despite the massive media coverage, keep the trial in Durham.
- Immediately expel from school the indicted Duke students and those who at
the wild off-campus party where the alleged rape took place for under age
drinking and other violations of university codes of conduct.
- An end to âirresponsible and racistâ media reports.
- Converting the house where the alleged rape occurred, into a rape crisis
center. Duke University owns the property.
- An end to sexual assaults and rape overall.