Maryland had a reasonable game against Vermont, defeating
the Catamounts by 18 after unleashing the press (it was a tight game until
Maryland expects (and needs) a lot out of their freshmen guards Greivis
Vasquez and Eric Hayes
this season. Check out D.J. Strawberry's quote though: "Greivis is
a flashy type dude," Strawberry tells the Post. "He likes to do what
he does; he likes to do his thing on the court. He likes to get to the bucket,
do his little international thing. And Eric is just quiet. He's just out there
poised. They're both good.
Little international thing? What, like shooting well and passing the ball?
are some rumblings that the Butch-Davis-to-UNC story is a bit premature.
Could this be Dick Baddour's third major flub since taking the AD position in
Chapel Hill? You'll recall that Roy Williams and Virginia Tech football coach
Frankie Beamer had both supposedly reached verbal agreements with UNC before
going back to their respective schools and thinking it over. And Davis?
- The fortunate one
- Foul shots
- Is it better to be an F than a C?
- Would the NCAA dare stiff the ACC again?
- Can Virginia cash in with a new arena?
- But could de Leon score a ticket?
- NBA's new rule a baby-blue blessing?
- Balanced ACC still takes backseat to SEC, Big East
- ACC non-conference games to watch this season
- Jones sparks surge as Terrapins reach 2-0
- Tar Heels
Men's ACC basketball outlook
in the Cavalry
does this backcourt stack up?
Virginia men's basketball roster
hoping for a late March
Virginia women's basketball roster
expects recruits to sign
making an impact early